Just a reminder, there ARE OLLI learning groups meeting this Monday, November 19th, however for the rest of the Thanksgiving week NO learning groups will meet. The OLLI office will be open on Monday November 19th and Tuesday November 20th, and will be closed for the rest of Thanksgiving week.
The college has an emergency alert system that can notify you about campus closures (for snow) or other emergencies. The message can be sent to your phone via text, or to your email, or both.
Here are the steps to take:
- Go to the website: http://www.yc.edu/alertpartner
- Click “create an account”
- Use the invitation code – olli
- Fill out the new account form (remember the username and password)
- After you submit the form you will need to verify the email or phone (or both) on the e2campus site in order to start receiving messages
Ok, we are hearing LOTS of rumors about the holiday party. Let’s get those cleared up:
- Yes, the dinner will be served on the stage, and the food will also be on the stage – no one will need to carry plates up stairs.
- There is a level ramp right on to the stage – no one will need to climb stairs at all.
- We will insure that there are barriers near the edge of the stage, so no one will risk walking off the edge.
- The college ISN’T catering the dinner – Perfect Events Catering is, they provided lunch for us last year at the Smoki Museum, and several years ago at the Highland Center – they are WONDERFUL!
- The music and dancing are planned for the lobby area, so that it isn’t too loud near the tables.
Have other questions??? Call the office at 717-7634.
Some quick announcements for OLLI!!
First, this is a new experiment on how to communicate with OLLI members – let the office know what you think!
Reminder: No classes Monday November 12th in honor of Veteran’s Day.
Save the date: Our Holiday party will be Monday December 10th, held right here on campus at the Yavapai College Performance Hall (now called the Performing Arts Center.) The cost is $25 per person, and invitations should be in the mail by early next week.